Pause: How to press pause before life does it for you by Danielle Marchant ($19.99), published by Hachette Australia.
If you think you are heading toward an enforced pause, here are some ideas to help you to slow down and breathe again:
Technology – reduce the cortisol spikes in your body by:
- Removing all alerts from your phone.
- Deleting social media apps from your phone.
- If you’re feeling bold, you can also turn email off on your phone – you will survive, I promise!
Nutrition – support your overall system by:
- Eating less sugar, gluten and dairy.
- Increasing your daily intake of water.
- Cutting out caffeine (remember it’s hidden in some fizzy drinks and is also in chocolate).
Reflection – allow yourself to slow down and reflect on the signs life is giving you by:
- Journaling daily, even if it’s just a paragraph.
- Writing down the dreams you have at night can have a very powerful effect.
- Working closely with a good coach, therapist or body worker.
- Regularly spending time in Nature.
“I’m ever grateful to have been taught how to read the signs of my life, to be able to enquire and get the message. I’m discovering I don’t always get it right, but my life has undoubtedly changed as a result. ” Danielle Marchant
These are some good ideas, Carol. There is a lot of wisdom to slowing down and keeping the body balanced. I’ll be honest: not sure I’d give up caffeine (I do like my coffee). But cutting down? Why not? Not letting your ‘phone rule you? Absolutely!
I am with you Margot-on the cutting down on caffeine 😀