The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook
Dr Will Bulsiewicz
Penguin Random House
If you have been following along with my blog you will have realised how important I think gut health is for everyone. This book is another great resource on gut health, I hope you find it helpful.
“Brownies made from black beans . . . sign me up immediately! Mexican hot chocolate is known for its spices. In this recipe, you get cinnamon and cayenne pairing with the cocoa powder for a fiesta in your mouth!“p 294-295
4 Plant Points
Makes 12 brownies
One 400 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
125 g peanut butter
55 g almond or oat flour
25 g cocoa powder
120 ml 100% maple syrup
1 tablespoon avocado oil or other neutral oil
1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
120 g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 175℃. Lightly oil an 20 × 20 cm pan (or line with baking
parchment) and set aside.
2. In the base of a food processor, place the beans and pulse 5 or 6 times until well
3. Add the peanut butter, flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, avocado oil, vinegar,
vanilla, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Process until
creamy and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
4. Remove the lid and stir in 80 g chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared baking dish (the
batter will be thick) and spread it out evenly. Top with the remaining 40 g chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This is an extract from The Fibre Fuelled Cookbook by Dr Will Bulsiewicz. Published by Penguin Random House Australia, RRP $45. https://www.penguin.com.au/books/the-fibre-fuelled-cookbook-9781785044175