Grilled chicken, mango and avocado salad with cashews and chilli lime dressing
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
Pinch of chilli powder or cayenne pepper
Pinch of salt
Large handful of soft leafy greens, such as lamb’s lettuce and baby spinach
1 mango, peeled, stoned and sliced
1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
Handful of basil, roughly torn
30g cashews, roughly chopped
Lime wedges, to serve
FOR THE DRESSING
2 tbsp olive oil
Zest and juice of ½ lime
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tbsp honey
Pinch of chilli flakes
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the grill to high and line a baking tray with foil.
2. In a mug or small jar, whisk the dressing ingredients
together with a fork.
3. Butterfly the chicken breasts in half lengthways and use your hands to rub the olive oil over each one. Place
on the baking tray and sprinkle over the garlic, chilli powder or cayenne pepper and salt, gently rubbing
the seasoning on to both sides of the breast. Grill the chicken for 4–5 minutes on each side, turning halfway,
until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, assemble the salad leaves and top with the mango, avocado and basil.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, thinly slice into strips and add to the salad along with the cashews. Drizzle over
the dressing and serve with lime wedges.
• This salad is best enjoyed fresh but you can cook the chicken and make the dressing in advance and keep
in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days, just add the fresh fruits and assemble when
you’re ready to enjoy.
Recipes and images taken from Food for the Soul by Lucy Lord, published by HarperCollins.