Where books come alive
As the organisers of Book Expo Australia, we are excited it will be hosted at the Sydney Showground, Olympic Park in Sydney during the weekend of 30-31 August 2014.
Book Expo Australia is the nation’s largest dedicated event for authors and publishers and is the first event of its type in 20 years. We expect 10,000 visitors over the weekend, ranging from journalists, bookshop owners, book reviewers/bloggers, booktubers, teachers, librarians and families.
Amongst the many events during the event, highlights include:
- 100+ exhibitors
- Guinness Book of Records attempt for Longest Chain of Paper Dolls
- Latest publishing technology
- Over 100 panels highlighting authors and their books: many will be MC’d by book reviewer & bloggers
- Child literacy forum and workshops
- 6 breakout activity rooms
- 3 Performance areas including – Cosplay, Performance Reading & Interactive Illustrator Skills
- Treasure Hunt throughout show
- Show bags on entry
- Supporting the Charity – Indigenous Literacy Foundation
- Food, drink and entertainment
- More than 20 panel discussions and workshops on the craft of writing
Book Expo Australia will be held:
When – 30/31 August 2014
Where – Exhibition Hall 5, Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127.
For more information on transport options visit: http://www.sydneyshowground.com.au/visit/index.html
From 9:00am for Teachers and librarians
From 10:00am for General Public
Close at 5:30 pm Saturday and Sunday
Tickets are Now On Sale!
$5.00 – Teachers and Librarians (proof of employment may be requested)
$20 – Family ticket (2 adults and 2 YA)
$8.50 – Adult
$5.00 – Children(YA) over 12 to 18
Free – Children 12 and under (proof of age may be requested)